1. LINKS TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE VIRTUALLY
Thank you for wanting to join us from your desk or sofa!
The conference program with access links will be sent as a pdf file to all participants who have registered to attend virtually. You will receive this document on Wednesday 29 June. This will go to the email address you used to register.
If you do not receive this information, please check your spam folder before contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org
If you registered after 14:00 (CET) on 29 June you will receive the access links via email on 30 June.
2. GETTING READY FOR THE CONFERENCE
1. Download the Zoom Client for meetings if you do not already have this. It can be downloaded for free here
2. Create a (free) Zoom account, if you do not already have one.
- To sign up for your own free account if you do not already have an account, visit zoom.us/signup and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email from Zoom (email@example.com). In this email, click Activate Account.
3. Update your profile
- You can update your profile by adding a profile picture, set your time zone, update your password and more.
- To access your Zoom profile, sign in to the Zoom web portal and click Profile.
- See here for instructions with screenshots.
Update your profile so that your full name appears there. If you do not have an account, you can ‘rename’ yourself after you have logged into Zoom (move the mouse over your own picture to reveal a small blue box with three dots in the upper righthand corner of your picture; click on this; ‘rename’ yourself)
You will not be admitted into the conference if your first and last names do not appear in your Zoom profile. This is a security measure against Zoom bombing. We will be checking names against the registration list and ask that you do not share the access links we send you with anyone.
Connecting to your internet
- We strongly recommend the use of a network cable for a direct connection between the router and the computer. This type of connection ensures a higher-speed and stronger connection;
- If a network cable connection is not an option, you can use a wireless connection. If you opt for a wireless connection, stay as close as possible to the router;
- The recommended browsers are the most recent versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari;
- If the connection stops for any reason, please refresh your browser;
- We also suggest that you use a set of headphones and find a quiet place. It helps with the sound and concentration;
- To ensure that you get the best internet connection, we also recommend that you turn off other programs/ close other windows that may consume your internet performance speed.