The ICEPELL Hybrid Conference
1 – 2 July 2022
Join us for two days of picturebook magic!
The ICEPELL Hybrid Conference is the closing event for the ERASMUS+ ICEPELL project. It is a CELEBRATION of picturebooks for intercultural citizenship education in early English language learning with children from 5 to 12 years old.
- ICEPELL practitioners from Italy, Germany, Norway, Portugal and the Netherlands will showcase their work
- Michael Byram will talk about Intercultural Citizenship Education
- Three picturebook creators, Barroux, Nicola Davies and Francesca Sanna, will talk about their creative processes and share one of their picturebooks
- Alec Williams will entertain us by mixing theory and practice through picturebook read alouds
- Bookshops will be selling the ICEPELL picturebooks and many, many, more!
This international event is for teachers, student teachers, librarians, teacher educators, policy-makers, researchers and literary mediators… anyone who is interested in picturebooks, early language learning and intercultural citizenship education. The ICEPELL Hybrid Conference will disseminate two of the ICEPELL project's intellectual outputs:
- 18 ICEKits: teaching packs developed around picturebooks, created by practitioners for practitioners
- An ICEGuide: a handbook on the theory and practice of intercultural citizenship education through picturebooks in early English language learning
For teachers in Portugal!
Attendance at the ICEPELL Hybrid Conference is accredited for 6 hours of ACD accreditation if you attend in person.